Skip to main content

Saint Basil's Cathedral

Saint Basil's Cathedral or the Cathedral of Vasil the Blessed or Trinity Church or Trinity Cathedral is a church on the Red Square in Moscow, Russia, built on the orders of Tsar Ivan IV (Ivan the Terrible) in 1555-1561 and commemorating the capture of Kazan and Astrakhan. The building is now a museum and is officially known as the Cathedral of the Intercession of the Most Holy Theotokos on the Moat.

Saint Basil's Cathedral contains eight churches above the tomb of the noble local saint Vasily (Basil). The building is shaped like a campfire flame as a design that has no parallel in Russian architecture and marks the climax of Russia's national architecture in the 17th century.

Xvlor Saint Basil's Cathedral is church built by Ivan the Terrible in 1555-1561 Saint Basil's Cathedral is church built by Ivan the Terrible in 1555-1561


Tsar Ivan IV marks every victory of the Russo-Kazan War by setting up a wooden funeral church next to the wall of the Trinity Church and in 1555 ordering the construction of a new stone cathedral. The placement of a church outside the Kremlin's walls is a political statement that supports ordinary people and against hereditary nobles.

The Church has no contemporary analogy, tradition of Moscow and Byzantium in general and is called the "climax" of Russian vernacular wood architecture. The Church incorporates layered designs from the earliest part (1505-08) of Ivan the Great Bell Tower, Church of Ascension in Kolomenskoye (1530s), and a cylindrical form of the Church of Beheading of John the Baptist at Dyakovo (1547).

The basics use white stone as the tradition in medieval Moscow, while the walls use red bricks (28 x 14 x 8 cm) as well as decorative media inside and outside and allow as many open bricks as possible. The church obtained bright colors from the 1680s to 1848.

The Russians adopted colors in the 17th century to be brighter where the icons and mural arts experienced explosive growth in the amount of paints, dyes and combinations. Walls combine naked red brick and white paint. The dome is covered with lead to create a combination of white, red and gold.


The dome of the Saint Basil Sanctuary serves as a point of reference in evaluating the quality of stonemasonry and further engineering of Moscow. As one of the first dome representing the engineering craft that reached the top of the decade later in the Trinity church in Khoroshovo.


The nine churches retain the early architecture, but additions to the ground floor arcades and first floor platforms. The ground floor arcade has a new space that accommodates the altar. The wood is on the first floor and the stairs are rebuilt using rocks to create the gallery.

The old bronze was dismantled and the first decorative mural appeared in the period beginning with the flower ornament inside the new gallery. The tower retains the original brick pattern. In 1683, the church was adorned with yellow and blue tiled cornices displaying the church's written history in Ancient Slavic typeface.


In 1737 the church was damaged by a great fire and later restored by Ivan Michurin with some changes in many places.


The French troops who occupied Moscow in 1812 and used the church for stables and looted something worth taking, but failed to blow it away. The interior was repaired in 1813 and exterior in 1816.


In 1908 the church received an air heater system of the east and north. In 1913 it was equipped with a pump water heating system that served the whole church. Saint Basil's Cathedral is church built by Ivan the Terrible in 1555-1561

Xvlor Saint Basil's Cathedral is church built by Ivan the Terrible in 1555-1561

Location: Red Square, Moscow, Russia.

Routes and public transport: Vnukovo International Airport (28 kilometres southwest of the centre of Moscow), Sheremetyevo International Airport (29 km northwest of central Moscow), Zhukovsky International Airport (36 km southeast of central Moscow) and Domodedovo International Airport (42 kilometres south-southeast from the centre of Moscow).

Xvlor Explore Papua



List of airports in China

China is generally a land country where almost all areas have connected transportation systems, but air transport is the best choice for travel efficiency, except for travelers who seek adventure along the rivers, ferry to reach several small islands and overland journeys.

Airports are spread over many where they have two types of services. International airport to serve international and domestic routes, while domestic airports only serve inter-regional routes in the country. Below is a list of active public airports in China. This list may increase considering that many new airports are still under construction or reduced due to many relocation plans.

= City, airport name, IATA

Anqing, Anqing Tianzhushan Airport, AQGChizhou, Chizhou Jiuhuashan Airport, JUHFuyang, Fuyang Xiguan Airport, FUGHefei, Hefei Xinqiao International Airport, HFEHuangshan, Huangshan Tunxi International Airport, TXNWuhu/Xuancheng, Wuhu Xuancheng Airport
Beijing, Beijing Capital International Airport, …

Odzala-Kokoua National Park

Odzala-Kokoua National Park or Odzala National Park is a conservation area of 13,500 sq kilometers (5,200 sq mi) at the Cuvette-Ouest Department, Republic of the Congo, declared a protected area in 1935, biosphere reserves in 1977, and national parks in the year 2001 at. Odzala-Kokoua has more than 100 species of mammals and as one of the most diverse primate populations in Africa.

Odzala-Kokoua is managed by the African Parks in collaboration with the Ministry of Forest Economy, Sustainable Development and Environment of the Republic of the Congo in 2010. The park has retained the old rainforests and terrain that vary from 350 meters (1,150 feet) to forest bushy and lots of glade. The area also includes dry forests, savannahs and rainforest ecosystems.

Odzala National Park is one of the oldest national parks in Africa has been neglected for many years and suffered heavy poaching. The poaching of ivory and bushmeat remains a constant threat. African Parks began to organize in 2010 and…

Timang Beach

Pantai Timang is coastal attraction forms the boundary between Java Island and Indian Ocean in Danggolo Sub-village, Purwodadi Village, Tepus District, Gunung Kidul Regency, Yogyakarta, Indonesia, as one of the beaches in Gunung Kidul which has white sand. The beach is in a secluded area between Siung Beach and Sundak Beach where a coral island becomes a lobster habitat.

Timang Beach traveled using vehicle from Wonosari City for about 32 kilometers where the motorcycle is the best mode to facilitate travel. This beach is flanked by beaches on the coast of Tepus where the west including Seruni, Pok Tunggal and Ngetun, while in the east are Jogan, Siung, and Nglambor.

This beach consists of two parts where the first part of the east is the white sandy beach and many pandanus plants around it, while the second part to the west is a steep hill rock that directly borders the sea and has great views of the island or a large rock offshore.

The island gets its name as Long Rock or Long Island…